Objectives for SANCOLD were developed during 2010 and have been updated in the light of the various Management Meetings. Some of the proposals have budgetary implications. The proposals are:
- Meaningful participation in ICOLD activities.
- Participate in the ICOLD Annual Meeting in 2017.
- Greater involvement in the region and African Regional Club.
- Strengthen the functioning of the SANCOLD working groups which relate to our representation on ICOLD Committees.
- Attract additional corporate and individual members.
- Strengthen the relationship with the DWS Management and Ministry.
- Advertise a new scholarship for 2017.
- Preparations for the development of a guideline on floods.
- Preparations for the development of a guideline on risk analysis.
- Development on a guideline for the application of geofabrics in embankment dams.
- Preparations for the development of a publication on Your Dam which will focus on the operation and maintenance of small dam and owners of such dams.
- Preparation of a publication on Ecological Water Reserve;
- Preparation of a publication on “Your Tailings Dam”;
- Preparation of a Guideline on Blasting Practices.
- Improvement in the dissemination of SANCOLD and ICOLD publications.
- Continued interaction with members particularly via the regular SANCOLD News and the website.
- Appoint a new Webmaster, update the website and keep it current and promote the sale of advertisements on the website.
- Targeted marketing of SANCOLD.
- Promotion of the SANCOLD Young Engineers’ Forum;
- Identify and prepare for SANCOLD 2017 Annual Event.
- Organise short half-day workshops and/or courses.
- Implement accounting software for improved financial matters.